Sunday, April 29, 2012

Ozone, Old Street

This afternoon I met Laleh and Jesse at Ozone for a cup of coffee. After I read the menu it ended up being lunch. It's a big, industrial roastery and has quite a cool vibe - to be expected on this side of town of course.


The flat whites were good and strong. I really should start rating them so I'm going with 7/10 for now. The steak sandwich was served with beetroot so I couldn't resist it but there were some good breakfast choices and 'lunchy things' (to quote the menu) as well.

Excellent steak sandwich and chips

Where all the action takes place...

...and where all the cake is. It was bake day.

Coffee #2. I can' t sit across from the cake and be expected to resist.

We sat downstairs in the basement in amongst the machinery. The staff didn't forget about us down there and the service (all NZ!) was good. They didn't even kick us out til 5pm when they subtly brought the bill an hour after closing.

No comments:

Post a Comment